Current Music: Stand Up – Hindi Zahra
Current Mood: hopelessness & despair
I hosted a small gathering ‘Electronics Tinkering Night’ at my apartment last night. Nine people including myself.
It went well.
It was just something to do on a Tuesday night. I served chips, salsa, guac, and beverages, no beer.
- a tech writer from Apple
- his black friend, who does chip design
- an older engineer that has worked at SLAC (Stanford Linear Accelerator) for 40 years (!)
- the boy I like who smells nice (who is designing a new cable modem board)
- an ex-twitter backend engineer and his girlfriend
- that just left google (and happens to also be my ex) and his friend
- a female php/java engineer at facebook
We had no formal agenda, the goal was just to get a group together and celebrate a shared interest (electronics). I have some ideas for what kind of format would work for next time, if I do it again.
Quote by Alan Watts: “You are under no obligation to be the person you were 5 minutes ago.”